I had made a post a few months back. Just refined a few aspects. An easy to make recipe. Pairs well with wines and beers!
shrimps u-16-20- 12 pcs
coconut oil- 2 tbsp
black mustard seeds- 1tsp
broken urad dal- 3 tbsp
green chili- 2 nos (chopped)
turmeric powder- 1 tsp
black pepper powder- 1 tsp
cilantro- 5 sprigs(chopped)
salt- to taste
lemon wedge- 2 nos
1. assemble all the ingredients next you.
2. heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat , add black mustard seeds once it crackles add urad dal and continue stirring till it turns golden brown.
3.continue adding the turmeric powder, black pepper powder, curry leaves, green chili, cilantro and stir until the curry leaves crisp up. Remove from the heat and add salt to taste.
4. pulse the mixture in a blender your flavorful crust is ready.
1. remove the head, shell and remove the vein.
2. Wash the shrimps in running cold water, pat dry.
3. Score the shrimp gently with the tip if your knife. This helps the crust to hold evenly.
4. Hold the tail and crust the shrimps by applying the lentil and curry leaf mixture.
5. rest the shrimps in the fridge for an hour.
6. heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan over medium to medium high flame and test one shrimp. the temperature of the oil should be correct for the crust to hold.
7. fry the shrimps both sides till crisp and finish till cooked trough on a low flame.
8. your crisp and juicy shrimps are ready. Just add a splash of lemon and enjoy!!!
1.the mixture can be pulsed fine for a smooth texture.
2. the crust can be used on Lamb chops and other types of meat.
3. Add a few table spoons of greek yogurt or labneh and you can cook it in a tandoor on skewers or on a barbecue.
4. Vegetarian option - Add 2 to 3 tbsp of besan (gram flour )while making the mixture and yogurt and coat it generously, Pan fry, cook it in a tandoor or on a grill and serve.
Shrimp- Crisp Chardonnay
Lamb- Russian River Pinot Noir
Paneer- Kingfisher Beer (Beer)
Poori and Chole
Enjoy the sunshine...