Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Singara Chennai

It is a great feel to be back home. I landed in the wee hours of the night and meet up with near and dear. Slept for a while and woke up to smell flowers blooming at the window near me. I needed to eat. Well folks I will be eating in all the off beaten and the less traveled places where the locals eat. This is stop number one. All I needed was comfort food and I couldn't think of a better Comfort food than Idli, Vada, Sambhar and Chutney.

There are many small roadside eateries which serve this and I have been eating in this place since childhood. The place is vibrant with chimes from the streets, the smell lures people who start early come in for a quick bite. The rickshaw puller to a techie ever one eats here.

Giving you a feel of culinary India "Aditi Devo Bhava" - guests are god

Chakkarai Pongal - Rice cooked with jaggrey, ghee and scented with cardamom. A must try in Murugan Idli Shop.



Idli, Vada, Chutney and Sambhar served on banana leaf. Pure Indulgance...



Fragrant flowers in front of Kapaleeswara Temple

2 comments:

Arvind Kumar said...

injoy home

Food Gal said...

I love anything with cardamom. Yum!